Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me



I got a surprise at 1pm today when the admin person told me there will be a celebration of my birthday together with another colleague. I was not fast enough to take out my camera and before I knew it, the cake had been cut and everybody started eating. I managed to salvage the broken label and took picture of it. I thank them for their thoughtfulness and effort, really nice.
But tonight I'll be celebrating my birthday alone for the first time in my life. I plan to take a walk around the city after my dinner to reflect upon my future direction. I remember my Chinese teacher taught us that on our birthday, we shouldn't be working. We should spend the whole day alone thinking about the reason we came to this world. Well instead of thinking about that, I would rather ponder on what my next step is towards the future.
Happy Birthday to Me!!!

No comments: