Monday, September 29, 2008

Penang's Warmth


Every time I read the newspaper on tourists being interviewed by reporters asking them their opinion about Penang, the usual answers are always about friendliness of its people and the variety of food available. Indeed I can really feel it now being away from Penang. I particularly thank those who have visited my blog and left a few simple and nice words of encouragement to me, really appreciate it!

Being a Penangite, I like things to be simple and less rigid. And I guess such is the Penang experience that is unique to us. Although I’m physically away from home, I believe that my heart is still in Penang (sounds a bit like Koh Tsu Koon’s speech before the March ’08 election when he was pondering on whether to take his career to the Federal level or not). But seriously, wherever I go, Penang is still my home.

I’ll be back!

No comments: